Learn new skills, meet new friends, and explore different experiences – all in your own community.
Click here to see our Volunteer Brochure.
Carewest volunteers contribute in a meaningful and significant way to the day-to-day lives of many people in our organization, and our programs continue to grow with new and exciting opportunities for volunteers interested in working in our rehabilitation and recovery programs or with long-term care residents.
Please see the drop-down lists below for information on our different Carewest sites and some of the volunteer opportunities best suited to your interests, or proximity to work/home.
Or click here to link directly to the Propellus website for more detailed information about our volunteer opportunities. Make sure you do a search for “Carewest”.
Corporate Calgary is always welcome
Carewest is always looking at new and innovative ways to engage with Calgary corporations. We have seen first-hand how valuable the relationship between our clients and corporate volunteers can be. We have been fortunate enough to work with companies that donate their time and energy to assist with special events, spring and fall clean-up, visiting, donations, etc.
Whether you have a department of five or 50 employees, we can work together to find mutually beneficial activities. Corporate involvement can be a one-time event or on-going.
Age to Volunteer
- 16 years of age or older
- 18 years of age for Palliative and Hospice Care
Notes about volunteering in Carewest
- Carewest actively promotes the full participation of volunteers with disabilities within the social environment at our centres, however, due to our residents’ and clients’ needs, we have minimal volunteer opportunities available for people with developmental disabilities.
- Volunteers are required to have the ability to assist with hands-on support and guidance to residents and clients.
- The completion of a Police Security Clearance is required for all new volunteers 18 years and older.
Benefits to Volunteers
- Receive high-calibre certified training that is recognized by Alberta Health Services, Calgary Zone Palliative Care Programs
- Gain experience in a specialized field
- Touch the lives of others in a meaningful way