Rates and standards

Accommodation Rates

Accommodation rates in long-term care centres are regulated by the Alberta government and standardized across the province, which means you pay the same rate at every care centre, whether it’s public or private.

Click here to view the Alberta Government’s Continuing Care Accommodation Charges

Your accommodation fees pay for:

  • Room
  • Building maintenance / operations
  • Food services
  • Housekeeping services
  • Administration
  • General facility upkeep
  • Building insurance
Care Funding

Alberta Health Services, through funds provided by the provincial government, is responsible for funding health care. You do not pay for care. Care includes:

  • Nursing Services
    • Registered Nurses (RNs)
    • Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
    • Health Care Aides (HCAs)
  • Social Workers
  • Therapy Services
  • Registered Dietitians
  • Pharmacy services, including medications
    • Medical supplies
    • Health equipment
    • Personal care service

Comments are closed.