Cook II – Competition # 2017-0017
Reporting to the Manager, Commissary this casual Cook II position at our Dr. Vernon Fanning location is responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients, families, visitors and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures. Key responsibilities include maintaining a safe, sanitary and esthetically pleasing dining experience for all Carewest customers. Other duties include a variety of cooking and rethermalization preparation and production activities requiring judgment and independence in accordance of client diet plans and Carewest standards, this includes quantity and quality control techniques. In keeping with Carewest’s Frame of Reference, Philosophy of Care and Quality Dining statement this position maintains professional, ethical and safe standards at all times while providing kind and compassionate customer service. The demonstration of leadership, to work independently, to prioritize and communicate effectively is critical for success in this position. Responsible for other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Cooking or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Graduate of a Food Safe Course is required; Red Seal certification is required
- Minimum 4 years of cooking experience is required; Experience with a cook chill/freeze system is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, communication skills and a professional demeanor are required
- This position requires the ability to recommend solutions, take initiative and problem solve
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under independently is required
There are no opportunities at this time. Please check back later.