Long-term care is our foundation. At Carewest, we offer three long-term care programs – Medically Complex Care, Cognitively Complex Care and EQuaL – built on that foundation.
At our centres, we group residents by their care needs. We find that people with like needs are better supported in similar environments. Our staff is specially trained to care for the unique needs of each resident.
- Our programs value dignity, individuality, respect, independence and the opportunity for the residents to make choices.
- Residents will benefit from a supportive environment that supports individual needs, focuses on celebrating successes, fostering hope, and promoting social involvement.
- Families and friends will be welcomed as partners in care, working together to support the resident’s quality of life.
- Residents will have the opportunity to live in an environment that is comfortable and homelike.
- Residents will have the opportunity to maintain and develop community ties.
- Residents will benefit from educated staff that will support each resident to live their life to the fullest.
All admissions are through Transition Services. If you are a Home Care client, request assessment from your Home Care Coordinator or by calling 943-1600. If you aren’t a Home Care client, please phone 943-1920 for an assessment for Home Care. You have to be a Home Care client or an acute care patient to access long-term or respite care.