Carewest is committed to providing an environment that reflects a high quality of care and service for our clients. We recognize that while quality can be described by set standards, it is also shaped by the needs and experiences of our clients, staff, volunteers, visitors and contractors. This is especially important to us for services where quality of life is of primary focus.
To support this philosophy, we believe that:
- Quality improvement is part of everyone’s responsibility. We welcome input from clients, staff, volunteers, visitors or contractors – from suggestions for improvements to participation in quality-improvement activities.
- Fostering a culture of quality improvement is key to our success. Our goal is to involve those closest to the practice or process under review to:
- collaborate on opportunities for improvement,
- ensure best practices are followed, and
- apply innovation and creativity to raise the level of quality across Carewest.
- Quality improvement activities should be encouraged across the organization, with emphasis on measuring and analyzing results to learn from our efforts. As a multi-site organization, we are open to learning from each other as well as from external organizations.
- We are committed to sharing our results to demonstrate that we are making a difference in the quality of care and service for our clients.