Simply Complex Trauma Conference is presented by the Carewest Operational Stress Injury Clinic
Date: Friday, April 13, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
Location: Ross Glen Hall, Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning, Mount Royal University
Address: 4825 Mt Royal Gate SW, Calgary, AB
- Kevin E. Kip, Ph.D., FAHA, AAAS Fellow, University of South Florida. Distinguished USF Health Professor, epidemiologist, biostatistician, and leading researcher worldwide in the study of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART).
- Cyd Courchesne, Director General, Health Professionals, and Chief Medical Officer, Veterans Affairs Canada
|8:30 AM||9:00 AM||Registration and Doors Open|
|9:00 AM||9:10 AM||Welcome + National Anthem|
|9:10 AM||9:40 AM||Dr. Cyd Courchesne|
|9:40 AM||10:25 AM||Dr. Kevin Kip – Understanding ART Part 1|
|10:25 AM||10:40 AM||Morning Break|
|10:40 AM||11:20 AM||Dr. Kevin Kip – Understanding ART Part 2|
|11:20 AM||12:20 PM||OSIC Psychiatrists – “Simply” Complex Trauma|
|12:20 PM||1:15 PM||Lunch|
|1:15 PM||2:45 PM||Dr. Kevin Kip – Understanding ART Part 3|
|2:45 PM||3:00 PM||Afternoon Break|
|3:00 PM||4:00 PM||OSIC Treatment Modalities & Evaluations (ART, Yoga/Music, Stabilization Series, Evaluation/TIE/OPOC)|
|4:00 PM||4:30 PM||Panel Q&A – Trauma Treatment Futures|
|4:30 PM||4:45 PM||Evaluation and Closing Remarks|
$85 per person, $65 for students (includes lunch and refreshments).
Space is limited. Please contact Tyra Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration details. Only Visa, Mastercard, and American Express will be accepted.
No refunds will be permitted.
Do I have to bring my printed receipt to the event?
Yes, or have proof of registration loaded on your phone to present at the check-in table.
Registrations and/or payments will not be accepted at the door.
Available on site at Mount Royal University in the East Gate Parkade.
East Gate Parkade uses a Pay on Foot system. Day rate is $16.
Paystations for the East Gate Parkade are located on levels P1, P2 and P3.
Paystations accept Cash, Visa or Mastercard transactions.
Continental breakfast options will be provided at check-in. First coffee break is about 11 am. Registration cost includes morning & afternoon refreshment breaks, as well as a catered lunch. Some gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian options will be available, however, MRU does have a wide variety of dining options in the main campus building if needed.
Directions to Mount Royal University:
From Glenmore Trail westbound
- Exit right on Richard Road
- At the second set of traffic lights, the Richard Road and Mount Royal Gate intersection, turn left and drive into campus.
From Glenmore Trail eastbound
- Exit right at 37th Street S.W.
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit right to continue on 37th Street Northbound.
- At the second roundabout, take the first exit right to continue on 35th Street Northbound.
- At the next intersection, turn right into Richardson Way, then right again at the second set of traffic lights.
From Crowchild Trail southbound
- Exit right at 50th Avenue/Mount Royal Gate and continue right onto Mount Royal Gate.
- Continue straight at the first set of lights – the Mount Royal Gate and Richard Road intersection – and drive into campus.
From Crowchild Trail northbound
- Exit right at 50th Avenue/Mount Royal Gate and turn left onto Mount Royal Gate.
- Continue straight to the Mount Royal Gate and Richard Road intersection; drive into campus