The Adult Day Programs at Carewest are available to adults of all ages who are living in the community and have limitations affecting their ability to socialize and interact in community activities.
The Adult Day Program at Carewest Colonel Belcher, the Dementia Day Support Program at Carewest Signal Pointe and the Younger Adult Day Support Program at Carewest Dr. Vernon Fanning are available to adults who may suffer from chronic illness or physical disabilities.
- To give clients a chance to engage in meaningful activities while providing respite to their caregivers;
- To inform clients and their families about health promotion to aid in daily decision-making about health issues;
- To monitor health status and refer clients to other health services when necessary;
- To foster social contact and friendship;
- Promote self-esteem, confidence and independence;
- Help clients connect with other appropriate community services.
- Caregiver respite, support and information;
- Socialization and peer support;
- Nutritious meals and snacks;
- Recreational activities, events and outings;
- Some personal care;
- Physical exercise;
- Cognitive stimulation;
- Health status monitoring;
- Monthly blood pressure tests and weight measurement.
A light lunch is provided as part of the service. Special dietary needs may be accommodated (such as diabetic, low salt, etc.).
A nominal fee per visit includes lunch, snacks and supplies. This amount may be reduced or waived for certain clients who are eligible for Alberta Health Services subsidies.
Clients are responsible for the cost and arrangement of transportation. Special transportation may be arranged through Access Calgary (537-7770). Onsite parking is available – please see front receptionist for details.
The program is part of Alberta Health Services Network of Adult Day Support services. Participants must meet the day support eligibility requirements. Access to the Day Support program is through Home Care at 943-1920.
Contact and Locations
For more information about the program, please call:
Adult Day Program at Carewest Colonel Belcher
A holistic program in a safe environment for individuals over the age of 65 who are medically stable.
1939 Veteran’s Way N.W.
Dementia Day Program at Carewest Signal Pointe
A program in a secure environment for individuals with dementia who have cognitive impairments, difficulties communicating, impaired judgement and require assistance.
6363 Simcoe Road S.W.
Younger Adult Day Support Program at Carewest Dr. Vernon Fanning
A program for adults under the age of 65, who have physical or cognitive impairments, difficulties with communication and require assistance.
722 – 16 Avenue N.E.